Friday, November 17, 2017

The Creek

I   missed my doctor appointment yesterday morning because my ride was  late, so I canceled and will try again another day. I did other things instead.
Friday comes quickly lately. I think time goes quickly when you are not busy enough.,
But Friday is welcome as it brings Debbie's Friday Foto Friends and I really enjoy participating and having reason to go out and take photos.
 I had a little time Thursday since I missed the appointment,  so I went to the creek to take some photos with my phone.
This is the creek that flows into the bay. It flows lazily in places, rapidly in others and is mainly cedar water with its distinctive tea color.
The Pine Barrens go on for millions of acres.



Pine Barrens are sandy and filled with holly, pine, cedar, maples and oaks.Pine Barrens are found from New Jersy and all the way down to Florida.

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
    let the sea resound, and all that is in it.

Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them;
    let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
Psalm(Tehillim) 96

Autumn colors are fading now

It rained all morning but the sky became clear and blue in the early afternoon

It was chilly and the air by the creek is clear and clean.  The sky was beautiful.

The girls sometimes swim here in summer. We havepicniced  here and played on the monkey bars and swings

The tea colored cedar water reflects the clouds.

It is a pretty place, quiet with air scented with pine and cedar.

The Creek widens, becomes salty and empties here into the bay. This photo looks creek-ward. The bay is to the left.
Looking out into the open bay.  

I hope you enjoyed coming along with me.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful fotos, my Friend. I believe we have similar feelings when it comes to capturing nature. I'm wondering why the water is tea colored? Hope you have a great Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, it is colored by the Cedar trees that grow in such abundance.

      Delete
  2. Very lovely...beautiful place to walk. You are right about the Pine Barrens of NJ being similar to where I live in Florida. Although we are not on the sea, we are close to the St. John's River, which goes out into the ocean. The trees and foliage are very similar along the creeks and river...the cedar stained water is ever present in the woods/creeks. I like that we are connected in this way. Also, I got some wonderful pictures of the seashore this past week...you can see on my post for today. This was at Crescent Beach, just south of St. Augustine, and not overly commercialized so the shore is more natural and beautiful. It was a very pleasant place to spend the day with our kids from Maine. Have a blessed and glorious weekend and don't overdo it next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this connection too Pam! Our only difference is in palmettos and palms that you have and we lack. Also though we share the timber rattler and copperhead with you, we don't have water moccasins or alligators!

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely spot...if you stand on that creekside beach,you could imagine being in any time period...a timeless place of peace and quiet.
    What a special way to begin my day-thank you !
    Be warm and well...may God grant your heart's desires...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you change your background here-- it looks so nice.. So sorry you missed your appointment. My surgery went well... If your up to it you can email. There not going to allow up anymore today, except for the restroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, stay down! Yes I changed the background.
      I will email for sure. I am so glad to hear from you!!!!
      Love you and sending gentle hugs ;).

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful and calming area around the bay. I can almost feel the sand beneath my feet. Sorry about your appointment but glad you were able to take these wonderful photos. Have a day of blessings dear Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appointment wasn't important. Just a check up.
      Yes, it is a nice area. As a Kid I wanted to live here and got that wish.
      It is quiet and calming.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. The sky changed dramatically from morning until noontime!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I'm imagining myself walking on that lovely beach smelling the cool pine-scented breeze! Thanks for sharing! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I love the reflections in the water and the blue, blue sky. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The reflections in the water are so painterly! Was reading you're an artist - what art do you do? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have painted in oils and acrylics. I did sculpting with polymer clay I also "paint" with Photoshop.

      Delete
  10. These are some awesome images! I love the reflection shot a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie, am glad I came back here to see your reply. Hope if I'll continue with the Weekend Journal Page, you would post some art work you haven't finished (it could be long ago)and pick it up again - at your own pace? I started last year playing the guitar again after 35+ years - am not near where I was before, but at least have made a beginning. Part of it is agonizing, but it's still worth it:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.