Friday, September 15, 2017

The World Around Me.. friday foto friends





I am joining in for Friday Foto Friends hosted by Debbie.




H ow beautiful the earth around us is.
We are told to cultivate it and preserve it (shomer means to guard)!
(Gen 2)That is what the Hebrew really means there.
The season is changing. Summer will end in a bit  and already some trees are turning colors. The Ash tree already has some yellowing.  Red Oaks in the woods by me are reddening up.
As always you can click to make the photos full sized.


A panorama shot of one of  several little coves by me Click to enlarge



"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor would you be mine"...Remember Mr. Rogers?


tête à tête is French for an intimate conversation. So this would be bateau à bateau I guess..boat to boat.

I like this fence. Split railing went round my house for years but termites like it too much. I really think the rope is a nice idea. Then again, maybe a white picket fence? Hmm...Right now I am still doing repairs from Sandy and there is no money for replacing fence!  Now another hurricane on the way.. UGH! Stay away!


Mugho pines love the sandy soil



Sitting on the Dock of the Bay...wasting time. My favorite way to waste it too! ;)



In Autumn the phragmites begin to turn golden. Notice the blue in the seagull wing? My last name is a kind of seagull in German and Danish.

Okay girly...where is my lunch???  I demand attention. The neighbors feed me. what's wrong with you today?



Seagulls always want a free lunch. If you don't provide they get their own.




"I gots a Blue crabby!"   No thanks to you. Hmmph.

I wonder if this seagull even bothered to learn the rules! Some nerve




We got a kick out of this sign in the little park.  Both of us are over 25 Of course it should read 2 to 5 year olds.


7 comments:

  1. I love these photos...love the gulls...such a peaceful place. I can almost hear the gulls and wind blowing and feel the soft salty air .... I love the playground for 25 year olds. What a great idea! Ha ha!!! This was delightful today. Thank you for sharing such a lovely part of your world with us. I feel at peace just being here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr D and I love to go watch the seagulls, and here them squawk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fotos. I've said it before but you live in such a beautiful part of our country. Hope you're doing well... Please take care of yourself! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, squealing with delight. smiles---keeping you in prayer for next week...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to be here !
    Lovely header...lovely photos...
    wonderful friend !
    Be well and safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great photos. The panorama at the top is just beautiful. The park sign is great. Thanks for the smile. :)

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.