Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hurricane Jose

Here is an up close and personal view of the edges of Jose as he makes his way up the eastern coastline nearing  New Jersey.  This morning he was off of Delaware and headed for us.
The wind is hurricane force but, since he is offshore it is not slamming us like Sandy did.
And, since our ocean temperature has dropped down to 69.7 degrees as of this morning, it does not fuel the hurricane.


The loop around is what worries me. Will it come in closer?
Long Island, which took a terrible beating from Sandy , like crossways right in Jose's path.
One town on Long Island NY was burnt to the ground, flooded and desimated by Sandy.

My chairs and glass picnic table outside are secured. The ponds are drained down to accommodate more water but my roof is bad from Sandy so glad this isn't as bad as it could be and I hope it stays that way.  As I said, that prediction of a loop around is what worries me.
The waves are not huge but fast, constant and very rough. The air is very foggy with constant rain. You know, 1 cubic foot of water weights a ton, so the pounding is significant.

Here are some rainy, foggy, rain soaked lens photos of the surf today.
Click on them to see them full sized.
camera lens wet and misty


surf is powerful and spreading up high.

Now this was a big wave! I would estimate about 12 feet over head. You see rain on camera lens


If I can get someone stupid  interested enough to go with me, I will go down on the beach and take photos.
In spite of my back I am still adventurous and I love to live blog these events as I did Sandy while I still could.


5 comments:

  1. Raising my hand...lol...I'll go. smiles. How did the dr. visit go? I hope well...smiles

    No rain here, but it sure is humid...ick...ick, ick. I did mention ick. wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, praying you will not get any damage. Can you see the ocean from your house? We have had fall weather for us in the low 80's but it will go back up next week. I am all decorated for fall now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your header is definitely frame worthy !
    The ocean is fierce and dangerous...
    praying for safety for you and all impacted .
    Be well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! Praying that you are protected from this hurricane, and that the Lord will dissipate it! These storms are terrible! And the earthquakes! Stay safe my friend, I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr D and I love to take pics of the storms, we always get out as soon as it is safe. I am ready for these storms to go away and not come back!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.